Email marketing uses electronic mail as a means of communicating content to an audience. The term is usually used to refer to:
- Sending emails with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a company with its current customers to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business
- Sending emails with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something
- Adding advertisements to e-mails sent by other companies to their customers
Email Marketing is Popular with Companies for Several Reasons:
- An exact ROI can be tracked and has proven to be profitable when done properly. Email marketing is often reported as second only to search marketing as the most effective web-based marketing tactic.
- Advertisers can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers who have opted in (consented) to receive emails on subjects of interest to them.
- Over half of Internet users check or send email daily.
- Email is popular with digital marketers, rising an estimated 18% in 2010
- Email allows marketers to reach out to consumers with personalized, relevant, dynamic messages.
- Transactional emails allow businesses to respond automatically to important consumer events like purchases or shopping-cart abandonment
Contact SMI today to learn more about our email marketing programs and which approach would be best suited for your business or organization.